Someone who is intrigued by people, how they use technology and can test if a digital solution answers their need.
We are looking for a Product designer to join our ship. Someone who loves designing innovative digital interfaces and can create testable prototypes.
We are an ambitious digital design studio that focuses on Durable Design. Durable means qualitative design that lasts for a long time and has a long term positive effect on people. We think research is key to a good design process.
We work together as a team of specialists, with people with different talents and backgrounds.
We’ve created some interesting stories about what we think is important in the world of design, enjoy the reading!
What will you be doing?
- Collecting context information about the product(plan)
- Detecting holes and issues in your briefing
- Communicating with the client: show your work and gather feedback frequently
- Collaborating with UX designers & researchers (and be critical about their work)
- Collaborating with different roles within the product and development team
- Design visually strong mock-ups in Figma/Sketch (or any other tool that does the job)
- Build a testable prototype based on mock-ups or wireframes
- Collect feedback from team and client and only rework the relevant parts
- Brief a Front-end developer
- Watch over the consistency and quality of the UI throughout the entire development process
- Initiate and maintain design systems
Don’t hesitate to apply if you don’t fulfil 100% of the requirements. Superheroes don’t exist, people with passion and talent do!
- You are open minded: you listen, understand, discuss and find solutions
- You best work is in a team
- You communicatie well (Using Zoom, Slack, mail or in real live)
- You can give and receive feedback
- You are curious and eager to learn
- You understand long term effect of your actions
- You ♥️ design
- You can create a visually strong design for a UI
- You can build a prototype (code or other) for testing this UI
- You have basic knowledge and feeling for usability
- You can handle prototyping tools, e.g. Figma/Sketch/Framer
- You have basic knowledge about user research and accessibility
- You have basic knowledge about the ‘Lean’ way of working
- You have basic knowledge on how software (and apps) are getting build these days (PWA, android, iOS)
- You know how to use design system tools, e.g. fractals/storybook
- You can write code:
- Knowledge of HTML/sCSS
- You can use Git
- You can use Static site generators or HTML prototyping tools, f.ex. Gatsby, Eleventy, Jekyll, Hugo, …
- You can draw the icon for ‘corona-rules-politics’
- You can animate a sailboat
At Smooth Sailing you will be working in a small team with great people (that’s what everyone says). We make time for weekly feedback moments and pick the projects you work on based on your skill level and learning path.
We offer money in the bank every month and all the sleep you need. You choose when and where you work. We provide you with the necessities for doing a good job: a laptop, a phone, a personal learning path, meal vouchers and proper assurance.
Interested? Mail [email protected] and tell us about your favourite app and why it is so well designed. Please don’t forget to attach your cv.
More job offers:
Didn’t find what you what fits you but you’re sure you make a super sailor? Contact us anyway using