Someone who keeps their head cool while synthesising business, user and technological contexts.
We are looking for a UX designer to join our ship. Someone who is intrigued by people, how they use technology and can test if a digital solution answers their need.
We are an ambitious digital design studio that focuses on Durable Design. Durable means qualitative design that lasts for a long time and has a long term positive effect on people. We think research is key to a good design process.
We work together as a team of specialists, with people with different talents and backgrounds.
We’ve created some interesting stories about what we think is important in the world of design, enjoy the reading!
What will you be doing?
- Detecting holes and issues in your briefing
- Interviewing users
- Understanding and interpreting quantitative data
- Construct personas, Customer journeys and formulate How Might We’s.
- Conceptualising solutions in the form of sketches, user flows and wireframes
- Validate those solutions with users
- Communicating with the client: show your work and gather feedback frequently
- Collaborating with product designers & product managers (and be critical about their work)
- Collaborating with different roles within the product and development team
These skills will help you with that
Don’t hesitate to apply if you don’t fulfil 100% of the requirements. Superheroes don’t exist, people with passion and talent do!
- You are open minded: you listen, understand, discuss and find solutions
- You best work is in a team
- You communicatie well (Using Zoom, Slack, mail or in real live)
- You can give and receive feedback
- You are curious and eager to learn
- You understand long term effect of your actions
- You’re analytical AND creative
- You are intrigued by human behaviour
- You have experience in interviewing people
- You have validated a digital concept before
- You have deep knowledge and feeling for usability
- You can express your ideas on paper, slides and wireframes
- You can handle prototyping tools, e.g. Figma/Sketch/Framer
- You can facilitate a workshop
- The ‘Lean’ way of working feels natural to you
- You can build a prototype (code or other) for testing this UI
- You have created a product roadmap before
- You’ve worked with lots of stakeholders before
At Smooth Sailing you will be working in a small team with great people (that’s what everyone says). We make time for weekly feedback moments and pick the projects you work on based on your skill level and learning path.
We offer money in the bank every month and all the sleep you need. You choose when and where you work. We provide you with the necessities for doing a good job: a laptop, a phone, a personal learning path, meal vouchers and proper assurance.
Interested? Mail [email protected] and tell us about your favourite digital product or platform and what problem it solves. Please don’t forget to attach your cv.
More job offers:
Didn’t find what you what fits you but you’re sure you make a super sailor? Contact us anyway using